Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CAMINO de SANTIAGO de COMPOSTELLA- Back from a 500 mile trek across Northern Spain..

If you are in any way a regular or semi-regular visitor to the Unrepentant Communist blog you may have noticed I have been rather low on postings in the past 6 weeks or so. This is because I have been engaged in a bit of recidivist catholic behaviour, that is indulging my ambition to complete the ancient and very challenging Camino pilgrimage.

I did it to mark my 50th birthday on the 14th of August, and it proved a suitably challenging and memorable way of marking my impending half century on this beautiful but sadly very mismanaged planet. I dont think there is anything I can say that will sum up the experience, save that I met some wonderful people whilst walking across Spain for 5 and a half weeks, and that I would recommend it to any one interested in an unforgettable and very moving personal experience. I dare say that 'Unrepentant' will resume its outpourings of nostalgic and whimsical as well as occasionally topical quasi-stalinist musings, but I suspect that the perspective I have derived from walking the Camino will stay with me for better or worse, probably I suspect, the better. Above I have posted some striking photos of the Camino to give people a flavour of this ancient and emotionally evocative journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

on hostels
[url=http://vimeo.com/user4498961]hotel compare prices
[/url]top district accommodation
tatty flights to india
booking in hotel
[url=http://www.earthday.org/users/48490]cheap hotel stay
[/url]afton booking
for a song country building hotels
fancied shelter
[url=http://www.fairview.org/cty/members/klemot/default.aspx]hall hotel
[/url]seniors shield
tinpot bed and breakfast
tawdry airport motel
[url=http://www.youthcabinet.org/profile/Josh]d4 hotels
[/url]country business lodging deals
airport hotels
strengthen ancestry cheap
[url=http://www.beautyresearch.com/blogs/alexa/archive/2010/08/15/hotels-and-accomodations.aspx]hotel and
[/url]hotel inn rates
screen booking
breakfast champs elysees
[url=http://www.mazdacommunity.com/profiles/blogs/special-hotel-offers-or]hotel alberghi
[/url]pensione bed
prenotazione guest-house
obligation assort airfares

Anonymous said...

name own price hotel
5 star hotel cheap
hotel relais
catalina island hotel prices
near hotel
cheap san francisco hotels

Unknown said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're just too wonderful. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a wonderful site.

Unknown said...

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossips and net and this is really irritating. A good website with interesting content, {that is} what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.